Règle d'inscription : Votre NOM d'UTILISATEUR DOIT COMMENCER PAR VOTRE PRENOM REEL, en entier.
Derrière celui-ci, vous pouvez mettre ce que vous voulez.

Votre premier message devra être une petite présentation perso, dans Présentation des nouveaux membres, afin que nous fassions connaissance.

[Goerz]

wolstan dixie

[Goerz]

Message non lu par wolstan dixie »

I have bought a Goerz Roll Tengor, and there are a number of features that are unclear.

The focusing scale can be set in two positions by sliding it forwards or backwards, labelled F and P - it moves about 5mm and locks in each position. The F position puts infinity at the focal length of the lens, the P position is 5mm rearwards of this.
IMG_3570.JPG
IMG_3570.JPG (42.68 Kio) Vu 2767 fois
IMG_3572.JPG
IMG_3572.JPG (43.95 Kio) Vu 2767 fois
What does this mean and how is it used? What does the 4100 mean? (this seems to be on other Tengors too)

The Compur shutter has round the lens 'D.R.P. (serial number) D.R.G.M' - what do these letters mean?

The feed spool housing has a well as the normal roller to guide the film onto the back plate a second roller below it - I can't see how the film is ever going to contact this roller - why is it there?
IMG_3580.JPG
IMG_3580.JPG (81.99 Kio) Vu 2767 fois
Thanks

Wolstan
Arnaud SAUDAX
Membre des Amis du Site et du Forum
Membre des Amis du Site et du Forum

Re: [Goerz]

Message non lu par Arnaud SAUDAX »

:Hello: hi Wolstan, "F" is for "Film", and "P" for "Plate" (or something like that in German). To use plate, we need some adaptatorof 5 mm thick.
"DR.." is for "deutsch reich"..
(The acronym D.R.G.M. with or without punctuation stands for Deutsches Reichsgebrauchsmuster - Patent rights were secured by applying for a Deutsches Reichspatent (D.R.P.))
Iconomécanophile chauvin...
wolstan dixie

Ah ha - film or plate - I should have been able to get that! Yes, there was a plate adapter apparently, thanks.

So 'Patent' and 'Utility model'? What does 'utility' imply, seems a little odd to draw attention to it being basic? In Britain in WWII there were 'utility designs' but that was to indicate they were authorised under rationing. Was something similar going on in Germany in the late 1920's?

Still leaves the puzzle of the lower roller!

Wolstan
wolstan dixie

OK, I understand now - Patent, and Germany wide design registered for 3 years - 2 levels of protection. Thanks.
wolstan dixie

And as to the lower roller, on second examination with a film spool in place, I think it bears on the flanges of the spool as it is pulled upward by advancing the film.

Thanks everyone!

Wolstan
Répondre

Retourner vers « Par marques diverses »